Thursday, March 1, 2012

Writing Every Day in March

In my teaching composition class my professor has encouraged us to write in our blogs EVERY day in March. If we do so, and regularly comment on our fellow students' blogs, then our writing will improve, and I think she said something about winning books or something. Winning books is enough for me. I am going to give it a shot.  Here are some things I'm thinking about lately. Just things that keep running though my mind on the first day at March.


  • Walking in the snow is beautiful at night. I love it when it snows at night.
  • Winter doesn't seem to be over. It never came and now it's here when it's time for spring. Hmmmm.
  • Leah was the runner up in the school spelling bee on Friday. She and another girl were in a stand off for 15 minutes! What a nail biter. She was so cute and brave, especially since her teacher forgot to give her all the words to study, and she was in a panic right before the bee. Darren and I were nervous wrecks in the back of the auditorium.
  • I am giving up sugar (in a fashion) for Lent. We were in Salt Lake last weekend and decided to take the kids to the Cathedral of the Madeline, a gorgeous Catholic church with stunning stained-glass windows. They sermon was about Lent, and giving up bad habits while exercising restraint in all ways. This is something that struck a chord with me. I decided to give up sugar--all baked goods, ice cream and chocolate Monday through Saturday. I can have some hard candy or licorice. Then on Sunday I can have a dessert(s). Sunday is a day of desserts. So instead of eating random treats every day, I will look forward to a very nice desserts(s) on Sunday. I have gone three days so far without sugar, except for a couple of Red Vines. 
  • Check out this guy. When were in SL we went to hear him sing with the Utah Symphony. He was awesome. He sings all the old Frank Sinatra tunes, and he sounds just like him!

2 comments:

Suey said...

Wow! I look forward to a post every day!

Kirstin said...

I am looking forward to hearing from you every day! I love your posts!