Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March is Such a Flirt

March is not my favorite month. The weather flirts like a lunchroom of hormonal teenagers and then the bell rings and everyone has to go to class. Glorious one moment, gloomy the next. Come to think of it, that's what teenagers are like in general. In fact, I think March is the most teenagerly month of the live-long year.

If I were a month which one would I be? I do have mood swings like March, but since I don't care for March all that much . . .hmm.

I love months that are not too hot or cold. Spring makes me crazy because the weather is so unpredictable--flirty, right? Snow in May is just too depressing for words. So that eliminates Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb., March, April, May, July, August, September. That leaves June and October. June is glorious, with the hopes of the summer before us, and days that smell like roses. October is beautiful and warm and colorful, and I was born in October.

So, by process of elimination, if I could be a month I would be June or October. Such randomness on a Wednesday morning when I've got to be in class in less than an hour!

1 comment:

Tani said...

Winner of the best phrase of the day: most teenagerly month of the live-long year. Love that!

I can't choose June--the heat's a'coming, and I'm a'dreading. But October, oh, yeah, that's the stuff.